Saturday, March 08, 2008

Oh such a long time.

I've been busy. We've been sick. We're getting better. (The kidney stone is missing, they think it might have dissolved. whatever.) Winter is ending. We're applying for Kindergartens (yes, i KNOW how insane that is. but there are some really amazing "empowerment" public schools in our district, one only a block away. and admittance is by lottery, so we're applying for kindergarten. So there.) The Mole is nearly one. yikes.

Oh, and I have a pattern published for free in the most recent Berocco newsletter! I'm very excited about this.



The fun part about it this time of year is if you stop after knitting the body, you have an egg. Then after you're finished decorating with eggs, you can "hatch" them by going back, adding neck scultping, wings, beaks, and tails.

Onto more knitting.

I made some socks from Cherry Tree Hill DK sock yarn, part of my gift from my delightful sister. I made nearly-knee socks, my favorite length, and made them sufficiently slouchy. Knit the foot on US 3s, and the leg using 4s. They were pretty quick and I didn't hate making them.


Had enough yarn left over (I always do toe-up and try to use all the yarn, but this yarn was neverending, especially knit on 4s) to make a pair for The Squid who is very happy with them.



Let's talk about the Squid for a second, shall we? She is an amazing kid. This morning my husband slipped on one of the 70 thousand toys strewn over our 2'x2' living room and she said "see, papĂ ? this is why it's a good idea to clean up before bringing new toys out."

And she gets on her hands and knees and starts putting things away. The Mole crawled over to where she was putting blocks in the block box and started doing it, too. and she said "good job, wee man."

She's so amazing with him. Her patience and tolerance seem endless. She's sweet, looks out for him, and is generally pretty good natured when he tries to eat her eyeballs or her toes.



I have about 10,000 photos just like that - him attacking her, she is still and smiling beatifically. Most of them take place in the park, because we're big park geeks.


And here's the Squid enjoying our one and only day of snow this year.

18 Comments:

Blogger Sallie said...

Cute pictures!
I love Cherry Tree Hill yarn. I have several pairs of socks made from this yarn, and they are all so comfortable. Love the color of your socks.

10:00 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Park geeks!! That is so funny--I made my kids become park geeks when they were little, those were some fun time! And that little blue bird...oh my he is a cute one!

10:03 AM  
Blogger soknitpicky said...

Oh, so *you're* responsible for that adorable bird pattern! I love it! :-)

10:10 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i saw that bird pattern and HAD to queue it. i love it! congrats!

10:36 AM  
Blogger SagePixie said...

I am soooo very happy you are feeling better!

Here's to future good health
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7277967.stm

Love and Laughter,
Amy

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to have you back! I've missed your posts.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

wow, he looks like you, no??

I sent this note to berroco:
info@berroco.com


Great newsletter! (http://www.berroco.com/knitbits/knitbits_230_H.html) I'd love to know the ravelry names of the designers who made those cute amigurumi projects so I can friend them and look for their other designs! The internet has made the knitting world so much more "close-knit" and it's fun to know the designers behind the designs.

Thanks!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Prue said...

Nice to have you back! What a lovely patience girl your daughter is. Love the knitted birdie!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! And congrats on the sweet little bluebird pattern.

PS -- I love the pics of your kids. So beautiful.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah-potterknitter said...

I just did a pair of socks that were close to that color, they were Dream In Color Classy. I love worsted weight socks. Now that I write that, maybe I said the same thing in my last comment. Time for bed I think.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Oh, you won't believe it, but I had just downloaded your bird pattern from berrocco, before I even knew it was yours! What are the chances?? So cute!

2:07 AM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Such cuties! Such cute knits too. Hope you're all feeling better soon!

2:58 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

congrats on that pattern! it is ADORABLE!
i may have to whip one or some up for the Easter basket!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

congrats on the pattern, the wee birdie is so cute!

glad you're getting better!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that little bird has spring written all over it - good to hear you and the family are on the mend.

4:27 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

what a sweet little bird! Thank you!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Cute kiddy pics! I love the little blue chick!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

I adore the Bluebird! So sweet! You rock! I will be making one for my friend in NY who is finally pregnant after a long struggle.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home