Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A smattering of photos

This is what it looks like when a two year old is watching TV and you happen to say "honey, can you look at me so i can take a picture?" and she replies "I'm very busy, mamma." without lifting her eyes from the screen. see that smug, superior look? makes me ponder life a bit.

this is what the same 2 year old looks like when let loose in a little igloo tent with a sticker book. whoopie!

this is a hideous purple sock i've been working on for a week. it was supposed to be my "plane project". hah. it's almost finished, now, though. it does not, however, match in shape, thickness, or color the single sock i made for myself LAST year.

this is a beautiful statue i found on a shelf in my entryway. My roommate found it in Burkina Faso. I love it because you don't often see a goddess nursing a toddler. My squid says it's us. I think it's a beautiful statue and i love having it in my house. think she'd notice if i smuggle it into my suitcase?

this was a very cool, pollution-tinged full moon from my balcony. of course the colors aren't fully captured so it looks like any old moon over any old street. but there you have it.


Blogger Rachel Ann said...

Maya is so adorable!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Brit-Elin said...

you have an adorable child! :)

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home