Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cinema Knitting



Went to the movies tonight. 3 nights a week I'm "off duty" from putting The Squid to sleep. The catch is that I can't be in the house. So I've been getting creative about where to go and what to do, and I suddenly remembered the movies tonight. Of course, it's saturday so everything good was sold out. So i went by what was available and starting within a half hour, and ended up with something utterly forgettable.

However, it was my first knitting in the movies experiment, and it went quite well. I cast on 128 stitches, completed 6 rows of seed stitch and 6 rows of stockinette, all without error. I'm impressed. Of course that's pretty SLOW considering it took a whole movie, but still. at least i don't have to rip it all out again because of dropping stitches, which was the outcome of my last knitting in the dark experiment.

It's on it's way to being a cardigan for The Squid. Raglan, drop shoulder, or yoke? what will look best with variegated yarn?

2 Comments:

Blogger Meri said...

Love the yarn, Marnie! What kind of yarn is it? The colors are beautiful! She'll look great in it. :)

No vote on type of sweater here, though... whatever you choose will look GREAT!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

I need to decide which to make for me dd when I get a chance, so no help. I am stuck choosing b/t yoke and raglan.
The yarn looks lovely and Yay at knitting (well) in the dark.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home