Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesdays are hard


But at least this one included Chinese food for lunch, sushi for dinner, and more cinema knitting. I saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents" and it was perfectly delightful. Judi Dench rocks. And Bob Hoskins was quite charming. And i got a lot of knitting done. Apparently I'm a better cinema knitter than I am a bedtime knitter because I seem to make far fewer errors in the dark of a movie theater.

I discovered that my brilliant plan of staving off pooling through varying my wrong side knitting techniques is just a little less than brilliant. It seems my gauge is the same either way. I was hoping that a touch of change would shake up the yarn a bit, but no such luck. I will say that it is far easier to knit backwards in the dark than it is to purl in the dark, so I'm sticking to that method for a while.

I think I've decided to do a yoke on this one. And the Divine Miss M wants large (or rather, "big big big BIG huge" red buttons. i'm thinking the button band is going to end up being 14 rows if this keeps up. I will say that her favorite shirts are those with three big big big BIG huge buttons down the front, because she can put it on herself but it gives her a little greater sense of accomplishment than a regular old pull over your head kind of shirt. Plus she never puts it on backwards.

Finished one of Marco's socks. It's too short. I was following the sock pattern in Ann Budd's handy book to the letter since he wasn't around for measuring when I cast on. But i thought it was looking rather large so i stopped early and slapped on a toe. I should have trusted the pattern.

Oh, and when i asked him to try it on, he asked which foot it was for. Apparently in his world socks are foot-specific, like shoes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie, a dyer at Yarn Love said...

Did you tell Mr. Marco which foot it was for? Maybe embroidering right and left discreetly inside the leg would be helpful!

Love the photos of your yarn. It's drool worthy.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love the name of your blog! I saw the link for it on the Sock a Month KAL and thought it was such a cute name that I had to come by!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So you keep a yarn apartment do you? sounds like a plan!
wow that's a lot of yarn and so well organized.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home