So here's the body of the Booga. I measured it after I knit it up, and I was thinking "hmm. seems kinda small and tallish. But I'm gonna trust the pattern for a change."
I looked and looked and looked at it, got completely impatient and decided to hand-felt the thing. Well, that made me even more impatient so i just ended up with a wet bag. So i measured it again, because of course, worsted merino knit on 10.5s grew quite a bit when wet.
My starting measurements were 8" x 4" x 12" and "blocked" i get 12.5" x 8" x 15".
I can't wait to see this thing felted. I have to make about 42 yards of i-cord first, though.
I photographed the wet version with my good friend Diego for scale. I figure Diego will be doing a lot of riding in this bag, if it turns into something I'll actually carry. So he may as well get used to it now.