Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Great Stash Flash

Let's get this part out of the way immediately. Here I have the Crate Of Garbage. More Wool-Ease chunky than anyone should ever see in a lifetime. Some enormous straight needles that make me shudder. Some ladder yarn, other spangly yarns. Some kitchen cotton and some bright blue furry soemthing that I got as a free offer on some site which I have blocked from my memory. At the time i thought, free yarn! why not? Now I know why not.

Now we can start in on the pretty stuff. The following nine photos are all Mosaic Moon yarns. Why so many? well, they're lovely, first of all. And they're mostly organic yarns, which is nice. And the kicker is that I'm a toymaker and a little 2 oz or 1 oz ball is plenty for me to use for something fun. And Morwenna is a pants maker, so the small balls are useless to her. Therefore we work well together. Her yarn inspires me, and in exchange, i take the leftovers off her hands. I keep this separate from my other yarn because it's already spoken for.









These are all of my betrothed yarns. They're all promised to a certain project. Some of these have had rather long engagements, poor things.

This is my pile of alpaca boucle yarn. Someday this pile will grow up to be bears, or bunnies, or elephants, or lions. But right now? just a fluffy pile of yarn.

This is the bedraggled collection of sock yarn (or general sportweight or thinner yarns that may be sock yarn someday). Looking at it here, all unravelly, it's kind of sad. For all of the beautiful hand painted yarns I have, my sock yarn collection kinda sucks.

The next 6 photos cover all the rest of it. Largely wool, with a handful of cotton tossed in there.






Last, but not least, is my sweater. There it is, in all it's glory. Simply waiting to be designed and executed. I have two apartments in two different cities, and I am blessed to have a local yarn store within brief walking distance of both of them. This yarn came from the one in Italy, and it's a 90% merino/10% rayon blend that is cushy and spunky.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

Yeah, WHOAH! Wow, Marnie, just WOW! And organized to boot. wow.

1:16 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Beautiful yarn! Yarn Envy!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Wow, you've got some nice yarn there.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

mmmmmm.... lucky

7:34 PM  
Blogger Katie, a dyer at Yarn Love said...

my keyboard is about to short out from the amount of yarn-induced drool I just got on it.

8:58 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

this is some delicious looking stash girl!!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home