Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Ides of April

Made it to the post office 4 minutes before closing, which is really 56 minutes after the one locallest to me closed, but before I was doomed to trek to the main PO at 34th street. My husband met me there to fulfill his marital filing jointly duties, and I got those taxes postmarked on time.

Even though i stood in line next to a huge "Tax day is April 18, 2006" sign, i still feel like i got away with something bad. And that they're gonna fine me. And frankly, I can really only handle writing out one check per year to The United States Treasury.

In the meantime, it's not only tax day, it's my sister's birthday. So i sent her the Booga. Postmarked today, of course. So it's late but only in the when it actually arrives sense of the word.



I have to say I love the Booga Bag. I love it made with Malabrigo. I love the texture, I love the colors, I love the size and shape of it. It is far too feminine for my taste, but it makes me instantly think of my sister, who is brave enough to love mango colored things and is a beautiful, feminine woman.

For my next felting experiment I will be making a lavender backpack complete with face and map pocket for A Certain Squid who turns three on Saturday.


That would be The Squid in question. as opposed to this:



for whom i am quite sure i shall never knit a backpack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home