Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm a knitalong flunkie.



I joined the Sock a month knitalong in january. I knit 2 pair, both in february. Haven't finished anything since. I suck.

However, I've found a way to beat second sock syndrome on this pair. I really want to knit a Green Gable and the yarn store is out of the yarn I want to use. It's coming Friday. I actually have yarn store shopping time on Friday. I will not allow myself to buy the yarn unless I finish sock #2, underway, pictured above.

This is my Greenwood Fibers sock yarn that I've had since January and I haven't finished the socks yet. Shame on me. In my defense, I have been knitting them in the dark which means a lot of tearing out what I've been doing. It's hard to knit with bumply stretchy yarn in the dark on 1s. Remember how they were pooling funny? well, that's because I was increasing stitches all over the place. I figured it out, frogged back several times, and came out with much better looking socks.



This is the "you're putting me on" sock pattern, generic version. I love this pattern. It gives me the shape i like (heel flap and gusset) but I can knit it toe up, allowing me to use my favorite figure 8 cast on and sewn bind-off, two of the reasons I prefer to knit socks toe-up. The main reason, however, is this:



That's all that's left over. I like that about toe-up socks.

now i have to go knit the other one. right away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meri said...

looks great, marnie! I can't wait to start more socks. been stock-piling the yarn and waiting for my co-op needles. ha ha!

Forgot to mention that I LOVE the backpack, too!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

that's a long sock!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

love it!! really like the top pattern, too.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

hi Ali. I don't do any increases, though I probably should. But truth be told i mostly like my tall socks to be slouchy anyway. It's a leftover school uniform thing.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home