Sunday, June 04, 2006

Bippity Boppity Blue



Despite having a three year old girl in the house, I haven't actually seen Cinderella since I was a three year old girl. So when I think of bippity boppity boo I think of a vaguely off-color Italian song my husband sings to the tune of the Disney number.

Now that I've confessed that, on to the backpack. I've refined the "Dora" backpack pattern, making it a bit slimmer and less cumbersome for a kid to tote around - my Squid feels a need to fill every bag she carries with her, so smaller is better in our case. It's now only 3" deep, 7" high, and still 6" wide. I've also added two monkey fist buttons to make it close better. Still really easy for pudgy little toddler hands to manage, though.

This one was knit from hand dyed organic merino from Mosaic Moon. The yarn was so lovely I felt kind of bad about felting it, but the dense, sqooshy-soft fabric that came out of the washer is heavenly and worth the deyarning of such a wonderful fiber.



I didn't even hate making these stripes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

it looks squooshable and functional and adorable.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Leon de Camjo said...

Im actually looking for that italian song of bippity boppity. It's driving me nuts that I can't find it. COuld you ask your husband who sings it nd what the title is?
Cheers

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home