Friday, June 23, 2006

Just Finisheditis



Whenever I finish a large project, the first thing i think is "well, that wasn't so bad!" but then for some reason i can NOT get motivated to get moving on something else.

This dress turned out better than I expected. It's another reversible (front to back so kids can do it themselves) colorgrown cotton dress. Inca Cotton, which I adore. I think the shape of this one came out even better than the last one, i think i finally figured out how to do a non-pointy-sided A-line.

This is child-sized. I'm contemplating making one me-sized. It looks so very comfortable. But for now, I need a nap.

11 Comments:

Blogger HeatherLakin said...

The dress is gorgeous Marnie! Amazing work! If I had the cash to pay you what you're worth, that would be MINE (uh, I mean, my daughter's ;)).

3:57 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

It is lovely!!! I love the texture, the simplicity... it is gorgeous. :D

5:05 PM  
Blogger none said...

Love it! That is a great dress.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

wow, I really really really love that!!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Tania A said...

Oh, that dress does look very comfy-cozy. I want one!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Oh that is so gorgeous!!
I love it. It looks so comfortable and natural. She is going to love wearing it.
The shaping is perfect.
If you get a 'me-sized' one you should really post the pattern!

6:29 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

That is really adorable! I love love the colors you chose.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Beautiful.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I am currently working on a baby dress of my own with a lot less luck. It appears I may need some guidance.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

That's really beautiful, Marnie!

10:12 PM  
Blogger opportunityknits said...

This dress is so cute. I would wear one in my size too :)

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home