Monday, June 19, 2006

Tears over Coffee

It's a weepy morning here at my house.

First because my kid doesn't like my elephant. She fell asleep asking me for a stuffed elephant to keep her other stuffed elephant company. It's no secret that she pretty much can't stand any toy I make. Lucky for me she offers equal contempt to other hand-made toys. For example, she loves the mass-produced acrylic knit weird looking bear that I got at a rest stop in college. But my hand-knit one of a kind items stuffed lovingly with organic wool, knit from the softest alpaca boucle yarn, with faces tenderly embroidered by hand... no love.

incidentally, she fell asleep saying "make me an elephant." and the elephant she has that needs a pachyderm companion is a mass-produced one that is decidedly not yarny.



Lucky for me, I'm my own biggest fan so I can enjoy my elephant.


Then i got teary because i read this bit of nostalgia over at the Green Gable knit-a-long. Nothing like a good knit-a-long to get the old waterworks going first thing in the morning, huh?

6 Comments:

Blogger kelp! said...

I followed here from the ggknitalong, and your reuniting story is so sweet...

And! Oh! I love your elephant!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Cute elephant! I love that this wonderful world of knitting can make you new friends and reunite old ones. It's so awesome that you found an old friend through a knit-a-long! Even better that your lives are still on the same page in your personal stories.

11:33 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I love your elephant :)

I think it's so precious that you found an old friend from high school. I love reuniting with people I knew "back when." It's amazing to see how much people change and come into their own.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Sheez, CP, didn't mean to make you cry, although I will admit it gets me a little verklempt just thinking about it!

* hands you my teary tissue *

2:00 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Lovin the elephant. I knit toys for my son. They are presently crammed onto his toy shelf with a Velveteen Rabbit sad sorta look on their faces saying, "Won't someone please play with me?" as Thomas the Tank Engine zips by with his superior grin.

Your Green Gables story is so touching. I *heart* reunions :-)

8:16 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Sweet lovely reunion story. And that Elephant is Gawgeous! I'm sure baby curly will realize that one day.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home