Sunday, June 18, 2006

whoops

Sorry about that google ads thing that was appearing all day. I was testing to see if it's true that you can't see google ads on a computer running Windows xp service pack 2 and guess what? it's true. and then because you can't see them, I forgot they were there. I came home to my beloved Mac and there they were, just hanging out in the wind.

I do apologize.

and now for a machine knit cardigan:



Pretty exciting. The white stuff is the "waste yarn" that I will pull out and replace with some nice finishing trim. I've already pulled it out of some other places and seamed the sweater up. I'm planning to pick up stitches all around the bottom, up the front, around the neck, and down the other front, then do some nice edgy thing. I bought a zipper. I'm going to try to install it. Wish me luck.

Anyway, i wouldn't say knitting a cardigan on a machine is easier than knitting by hand. And for a novice like me it's not faster either. And it's certainly not prettier, as it's a plain old drop-shoulder crewneck. And I have to say, that "you can tell it's machine knit because it's too perfect to be hand knit" thing? not exactly.

So what's the advantage you might ask?

When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home