Monday, July 17, 2006

Sad today.

Suss is closed.

That's not why I'm sad, though. I've never actually been there, since i have the best lys ever within spitting distance.

No, I'm sad because I read about the Suss sale with 50-70% yarns. So. Monday is my big work day. The Squid is in school and I'm not at the store. So I get a lot of knitting and design work done on Mondays. However, 70% off yarn is not to be missed. So I interrupted my precious day of alone-time, and went out to catch a bus to Suss. It's really within walking distance, but it'd 102 degrees today. And in New York that means stifling, smelly, sticky, and gross. So I waited for the bus, sniffing in fumes on the sidewalk while the bus arrived 17 minutes late.

I enjoyed my 6 minute air conditioned ride, got of, got smacked in the face with heat and bus exhaust, walked 2 blocks, and Suss is closed. Not closing, but closed. Yesterday, to be exact.

Now, I did call. I got a message saying it was closing, blah blah blah, big sale, blah blah, come on down, blah blah. So I did. And they closed yesterday.

So i walked 2 blocks, waited 23 minutes for another bus which had broken air conditioning, and am finally home. Just in time to whine, pound a glass of water, and go pick up the squid at school. and spend another 2 bucks to take her home on the bus. I'm going to walk there, but I cannot handle the usual piggy-back ride home today. Heat index is 112. and I don't even have cheap new luxury yarns to soothe me.

wah.

5 Comments:

Blogger schrodinger said...

All I can say is ERGH!

Love the lion though.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

That sucks.

Very cute lion!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

That stinks!!!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how disappointing. :(

I just love the lion though! He's very cute and looks very cuddly.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

I missed the Suss sale too - by even less of a margin than you. I went on Saturday only to find that they closed the day before. I was even in the neighborhood on Thursday for Restaurant Week. So, I definitely feel your pain! I've only now gotten over it...

But I am sad that the store itself is closed. I really liked it and one staff person in particular was always super nice and helpful...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home