Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Squid and the Scarf and other finished objects


The Squid loves her scarf. Made from Jamie Harmon self-striping angora/merino it's soft and lively. Just like the Squid. Her first comment was "did I ask you to make this for me?" and when i said "yes, you did." she said "Good job, mamma!" and has been wearing it all day.

Monday Morning followup: she took it to school today. Every day she brings some toy to school, ostensibly to help her sleep but really because she likes hauling things around. generally it's a stretchy lizard or spider, but today her "toy" was the scarf. I finally found something soft enough. And I found out that I need to make her toys that don't look like toys.

Sadly, another chemo hat. Again with the Plymouth Bamboo, again with the f-bomb. That was a specific request this time, too. I made this one a little more feminine this time, with a spiraly top.





Clap update. Not loving the pattern. Completely loving the yarn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

I love your chemo cap. I am actually making a Shedir cap for one of Joe's teachers, sadly. Somehow I think that the f-bomb wouldn't be appropriate for the nursery school teacher...

I haven't made the Clap yet -- mostly because I hear it is a tedious knit, but the finished product is worth it. I hope at least your FO is worth it.

9:17 AM  
Blogger FillingMyQuiver said...

Ooohh.... the Squid is SOOO cute, love those ringlets of hers :) The Clap looks lovely, I hope you like it when it's done. The yarn is beautiful!!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home