Friday, September 01, 2006

That's a lot of Stockinette, even for me.

For the past few days I've been dreaming about b r o o k l y n t w e e d 's stunning sweater. I mean literally dreaming, at night, while sleeping.

It's gorgeous. The color is amazing, the little hem contrast color detail divine, but look at that fit! It's an EZ formula, so that fit is all to bt's credit. (Have you checked out his gallery? miles upon miles of deliciously fitting sweaters.)

I'd love to make that sweater's twin. My devoted egg-cooking husband doesn't have one thing I've made for him. Not one. And he'd look great in that color. And he just bought himself a couple of saddle-shoulder shirts that are especially flattering on his not-brawny build. I'm trying to decide if i can really knit a man's sweater on size 6s, though. That's some serious love. And while our relationship is pretty secure, I've got to evaluate just how secure it is.

That's a lot of stitches.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

that color would seriously look divine on that hunky man o' yours!! Marco deserves the knitted love, woman!! (Of course, I'm contemplating knitting my own hunky DH a sweater, cause hey, it's not like I've got anything better to do right now laying here on the damned couch, right?)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Mr S has requested a sweater, picked a pattern. I have even bought the yarn.

Didja notice how, um, broad my husband is? How tall? That, my friend, is a lot of knitting.

That sweater looks like the perfect candidate for the knitting machine, and for Marco.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

mr. s would look nice in a bulky sweater. like in burly spun. maybe even a vest.

can't do the sweater in the round on the machine. alas. and removing the roundness of it kind of defeats the perfection of the pattern.

but we're about to celebrate our 10th anniversary of my moving in with him temporarily. shortly followed by our 6th wedding anniversary. so i can suck it up and knit the man a sweater on 6s. maybe he'll get me a new laptop.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home