Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Which is better?

Say you're getting a present. Which is better - yarn or a hand knit gift? Tough one, huh? How about both?


My friend Ruth over there in England sent me these little teeny pants for a little teeny person who will someday arrive in need of some pants. There's a matching shirt, too. So soft you might cry if you touch them.

But. Then.


She also sent me one kilo of natural oatmeal colored Bluefaced Leicester yarn. I've wanted to make myself a Rogue for the longest time, and Ruth found this divine yarn that would be perfect for the pattern. I've been pining over it for ages. And here it is. That, my friends, is love. Yarn AND a handknitted gift. Make sure you click on the card photo to read it in all its glory.

I've got other photos, but they all seem so inconsequential in respect to that.


Finished the bear. This was an experiment with a new size. Needs tweaking. the bear looks a little shruggy and squished to me.


Finished the navy cardi. Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton. Soft enough to make you forget that it's navy. For a second.


Yarn arrived for my husband's EZ Seamless Hybrid. Just in time for Zimmermania. I'm glad i went with the darker color. It's going to look great on him.


Tough to photograph. Made a baby blanket. Inca Cotton, one of my all-time favorites. Simple 3" basketweave with seed stitch border. Measures 30" x 30". Not terribly exciting, but I'm disproportionately proud of it for some reason.

Oh, and the clap is no more. I made a little mistake, took it as a Freudian slip, and frogged it. I love the yarn too much to subject it to a life of being a scarf i don't adore.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tif Johnson said...

such goodness all around!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Meri said...

lovely stuff!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

i love that shade of Yorkshire Tweed Aran, i have one ball of it in my stash for something like a hat... instead i just keep it around to look at. I'm excited to see your sweater materialize........

10:42 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

wow! you've been busy!

what a nice gifty!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Tania A said...

That baby blanket is beautiful, and the tweedy yarn .. oh, how I love tweeds.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a friend! And the little card is very funny. I've had the same story with the Clap... So I'm the only person in Dutch Knitting land who didn't finished a Clapotis..
Really like your blanket, simple and pure. Perfect for a baby, I guess!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Wow, some great knits on this post! Love the card, that is so cute.

The yarn, how great is your pal! I really like the colour of the tweed yarn.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

LOL @ that card.
You have been very busy!! Those pants are so cute and the yarn... wow! So lovely!! That blanket is so lovely. I love Inca (thanks to a certain someone ;).)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Oh what a wondrous Rogue that will be! Is the bear your own design?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Woman who knits said...

Look at all the goodies! I'm in love with the baby blanket!!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love the teddy bear! Is that your own pattern? Because I'd love to get my hands on it!

My thoughts are prayers are with the professor and his family right now. God Bless.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home