Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Professor's Brain



It was discovered that Natty had a very large Medulloblastoma tumor. This type of malignant tumor is among the more common in childhood cancers. The surgeon is hopeful that it was completely resected, and testing later today will tell us for sure. We are also waiting to hear if any cancerous cells are present in the spinal fluid.

Based on the answers to these two looming questions, a course of treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy will be determined. If these treatments are able to keep the Medulloblastoma from recurring for five years, Natty has excellent chances for living a full, cancer-free life. Unfortunately Medulloblastoma is very persistent and very agressive. So we really need to devote our energies into keeping this away from our boy.

Please send Nat and his family your best thoughts and healing energy. He needs our strength right now.

And while money doesn't solve anything, I just don't want Nat's family to have any extra worries right now. So if you're feeling as helpless as I am, and you'd like to contribute, please consider donating through Paypal. If you'd prefer a different form of donation, please contact me.

A group of artisans will band together to offer auctions and raffles to raise some money for the Professor. If you have something you'd like to contribute to such an effort, please contact me.

Immediate expenses include the hospital deductible and co-payments, costs of complementary treatments, and all of the little expenses that crop up from living on the road.

Donate here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I've said a prayer for him and will continue to do so. I'll post this on my blog tomorrow and try to direct more traffic your way.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Elena said...

I'm embracing the little Proffessor in my good thaughts - all the way from Sweden. Please give him a hug from me!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home