Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fiber Arts Avengers Unite!



The Fiber Arts Avengers are holding an event from November 3-November 12 - selling, auctioning, and raffling off all kinds of hand crafted stuff (i hear tales of hand-dyed yanr!)to help support Nat's treatments. Mostly we're hoping to spread the word and get lots and lots of people thinking of him and sending him energy and hope.

There's not a lot of news. Nat's just resting and trying to heal in preparation for the treatments to follow.

As for me? I'm trying to get back on my horse and keep moving forward. I've been organizing the Avengers event as well as just trying to keep it together, and that's proved a full-time job.

I did manage to knit this:



Which made me rather happy. Pattern forthcoming.

And I went out on the town with this lovely jaguar last night:



She wasn't particularly taken with everyone being in costume. She couldn't really figure out why everyone kept trying to give her candy. And she wouldn't wear her ears. However, she was every so slightly more into the holiday this year as opposed to last when she insisted on dressing as "just me." and saying "no thank you" when offered candy. Come on, kid, even if you don't want any, why not think about your mother? This year I managed to wrangle a few bits here and there, and she ate shockingly little.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

It was after lunchtime today when my kids even remembered the giant bags of candy in the house.

Thanks for posting even a brief update on Nat. He is in my prayers.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Nat is in my prayers as well. I couldn't do much more than pray right now. Will do more when I can.

My Girly wouldn't say a word to anyone and has been bothered about her candy either.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

bad link to charity_raffles!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Ellen Alexandra said...

That is such a cute octopus!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

That octopus is gorgeous and so adorable! Can't wait for pattern!

1:29 PM  
Blogger K. Anne said...

LOL! my oldest (2 1/2) just figured out this year that if you smile, say "boo", and hold out the plastic pumpkin bucket that you get candy. He was thrilled to say the least. We had to wrestle the bucket away from him the next day!

3:32 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Lucky you, a kid who's not obsessed with candy! That'll save you a lot of trouble!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home