Thursday, November 16, 2006

Knitting is Pretty.



Hasn't been much knitting in my life these days, I've been scrambling with the raffles for the Professor (which went very well, by the way, thanks to you all for your kind thoughts) and the fundraiser for my daughter's preschool. And I'm looking for an apartment which is a total nightmare in this city.

Total. Nightmare.

I can't tell you how many "two bedroom" apartments I've seen that seem to be missing living rooms. And are over our budget anyway, even without the living room. Ugh.

But I did spend an afternoon with the talented photographer Sabrina Usher who took some photos of some new top secret projects for me, as well as shots like the one above - step by step technique shots for patterns. I think they make the whole knitting process look so lovely.

In other knitting news, the EZ hybrid is kicking my... well, I'm having issues. I have these weird, wobbly, pregnant hands and my tension changes like every 14 seconds, it seems. I have started the first sleeve no less than 4 times and every time need to rip it back and start over. I think it's working now, and i just need to measure my gauge and change needles every few rows to keep on target.

Our anniversary has come and gone so maybe this sweater will be a gift for the holidays instead. If all goes well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

Oooh. I'm intrigued by your super-secret projects!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Love the octopus toy for The Squid. So glad she likes it and that it rates the bed.

Also very glad the professor is beginning to heal. I wish I could help more.

Happy Belated Anniversary and I too am very intrigued by your secret projects.

1:21 PM  
Blogger bethc said...

Good luck with the apartment seach and with the gague issues... Can't wait to hear more about the super-secret project!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

can't wait to see what your secret projects are, that pic looks great. I was really impressed when I first saw it. Thought you had some fabulous third hand for taking self knitting pics.

Hope you find something soon. Sucky that they call living rooms a bedroom like that. Blarf.

2:40 PM  
Blogger K. Anne said...

good luck on the apartment search!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home