Sunday, November 19, 2006

Serendipity, perhaps not.

So I get the feeling that I'm not loving my weird boucle shawl collar. I stopped, seamed the sweater, snipped the collar in progress and threw it in the bathtub. I need to see it on.

So now I need to wait 16 years for 9 skeins of Rowan Chunky to dry so that I can try it on, confirm that I hate the shawl collar that is morphing into some kind of floppy sailor collar, and then figure out what to do about it. I tried to photograph it drying to get some opinions but it looks so hideous lying there all soggy that I'm not going to bother.

In the good news department, I sent in my first pattern to Debbie Stoller. Completed one day before the deadline. (Ok, there was actually less than an hour left in that one day before, but it counts.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I hope your cowl straightens up and lies right for you.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OT ;)

Have a great Holiday Marnie, and much luck with apartment shopping!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

Hey Marnie!

First of all, I didn't know you were preggers! CONGRATS!!

Second of all, I am in LOOOOVE with that octopus. I hope you write up the pattern for sharing/purchase soon? Maybe a whole pack of stuffed animal patterns to buy?

Anyway, I hope your sweater does what you want it to and thanks for the help with the HPY question. Good luck with the apt hunt!!

You are my knitting hero!!

~Devon (devonc)

12:13 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Haha, hope your yarn dries soon! I hate how wonky some yarns get while they're wet. It can be so discouraging...

Congrats on the new pattern, are you going to be in one of her upcoming books?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So, how does it look? I can't wait to see! :)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home