Saturday, December 30, 2006

Felting Overload

I haven't talked much about my new apartment. Short version: it's around the corner from the old one, we've been moving for a month and it's still ongoing, it's big. it's got huge windows. And. it's got a washer and dryer. So, of course, I've been felting.
I have to make a number of "gift items" for some amazing people who will be honored at the Squid's annual fundraiser in a couple of weeks. I have been hemming and hawing and everything I could think of seemed a bit too personal for a formal gift for legendary people. I finally settled on felted bowls.

I'm still not sure it's *the* perfect thing, but I like them, and I think they're fine for the occasion.

I used Noro Kureyon in a color that I can't recall, and looking for the ball band just got me distracted for over an hour. So let's just say when I find it, I'll let you know.

I love the colorway. This is my first experience with Kureyon, and for felting, I'm hooked. the colors, especially how they dance and shift from one to the other, are remarkable. It felts beautifully (though I think my bowls could use a shave) and quickly - two cycles on my handy dandy washer.

I've made the first two in different shapes, and I'm trying to decide which I prefer. I think I'll make the last 2 different as well and have several to choose from. I have actually been writing down what I'm doing, so in theory, they're all things I could reproduce.

7 Comments:

Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Felted bowls. What a great gift idea.
Congratulations on the new, bigger apartment. I think you are going to love having your laundry in your own place. I remember how happy it made me when I no longer had to carry bags of dirty laundry about! Enjoy.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

sweet bowls.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, this is perfect!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I remember feeling like I had hit the height of luxury once I had my own washer/dryer. I was not knitting at the time, and so I can't imagine the additional thrill of the felting projects that are bopping around in your head!

Congratulations on the new apartment and all the best to you and your lovely family in 2007. I'm so glad we've found each other again!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Davina said...

They look great!
And yay on the bigger place!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Woman who knits said...

LOVE THOSE BOWLS!! You've inspired me to make some!!!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Love the bowls!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home