Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Stash Thins


Have you ever tried to photograph a 3 year old's feet while she hugs them, rolls around, and sings "I love my socks! I love my socks!" At least she likes the socks, right?

Well, last week it was 70 degrees. Today it's 11. The Squid needed more wool socks. She chose the yarn (Mosaic Moon Organic Merino, naturally) and off I went. This is the first time I've ribbed the entire top of the sock and I think it makes a huge difference in the fit, especially for a non-superwash merino which felts, pills, and stretches easily.


Teeny pants. We had to try them on every doll in the house to make sure they didn't fit anyone before the Squid could concede that they were for the baby, not a doll. Looking at them they look so funny. I'd forgotten how oddly shaped newborns are. More Mosaic Moon merino.

The stash is thinning. I'm feeling great pride and accomplishing a ton of tiny projects that needed to be done.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

These are beautiful, and I love the shaping. How many stitches did you increase to for the crotch gusset?

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These socks are too cute, just like the pic!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Once again, the Squid has me giggling.

The colors in the Mosaic Moon are just gorgeous! As I am not on any sort of stash-diet, I may just be getting some!

5:05 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

i love the picture you finally got :) the socks + little pants are adorable... lovely colors too.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

The baby pants are adorable! And such sweet little feet. You are one lucky Mom

2:53 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

So cute! Love the socks - nice colour choice Squid! The pants - so adorable. But isn't it the diaper that distorts the shape so much? Weird.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Mama Llama said...

I love the colors of the socks and the pants. Isn't Morwenna a genius with colors? Those little pants are too sweet. It always surprises me to go back and look at my DS's tiny NB diapers and woolies.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Woman who knits said...

Yeah for stash thinning! Both items are gorgeous! I think you got a great picture of the socks. She looks so happy!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Tif Johnson said...

the pants and socks are just so lovely :heart: . the colorways are just so beautiful too.

7:31 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

great shot of the kid in socks!!!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home