Monday, January 08, 2007

Stashing Away.

In addition to the whole "Knit from your stash 2007" deal, I'm participating in a "stash game" over at the forum at Wooly Wonder. It's a funk way to kick off the whole stash thing and encourages me to finish up some ufos.
Mittens were made from 2-ply Targhee from Mosaic Moon in a very very very pink shade of pink that my girl who has always shunned pink is starting to gravitate towards. She's too proud to admit that she does, after all, like pink (she's always been snooty to store owners and the like who very condescendingly bend to little girls and say "I bet I know what your favorite color is...." and she has a lot of disdain for the whole princess thing in general). So I've been making her some pink things without asking her opinion about it first, and she's overjoyed.
I also finished Martha's socks. Just in time, she's coming to visit on Thursday and it just might dip below 60 long enough for her to need socks. What is with the weather these days?

Anyway, I washed and dried them and they did improve some, though they are still rather baggy. I think i would most certainly go down to 000s the next time around. I like the yarn (Trekking XXL) and the way it stripes up, so I would like to find a way to make it a functional yarn for me.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Garner said...

global warming.

that is what's with the weather.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Ellen Alexandra said...

Such cute mittens!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I won't knit with Trekking anymore because I can't stand knitting on anything less than a 0. It makes me crazy!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Tana said...

Oh, it's so fun to knit with pink yarn. I have two boys, and I'm so tired of knitting blue yarn (even though it is my favorite color). Right before the stash game started (the Jan-Oct one), I bought 18 balls of Berroco Pure Merino to knit an aran cardigan for myself. What color did I buy? Teaberry - aka PINK. I can hardly wait to start knitting it up. So tell your daughter that if I learned to like pink, she can too. Cheers!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Adorable mittens - look at her, loving her pink!
I heard you guys were getting some pretty warm weather over there - crazy/scary isn't it?
Glad the socks shaped up a little more.
Does 000 mean it is smaller than zero??I cannot even imagine it!
Wait a minute - what kind of idiotic question is that??
What is 000 size in mm's?

10:16 PM  
Blogger Tif Johnson said...

those socks look so comfy!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Kissed Knitter said...

What precious photos! She looks like an angel.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Girlie-swirls said...

totally love your knitting, you are very clever!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Girlie-swirls said...

totally love your knitting you are very clever!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home