Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Who Ordered the Winter?

I fear it was me. I was moaning and groaning about the utter lack of cold and for that I apologize. We have been suddenly smacked with winter. Hard.

So that means I can't stop making socks for my Squid. I feel like she needs them. Besides, they're a great way to use up those 4,000 tiny balls of yarn that make up the majority of my stash.



Of course they're as difficult to photograph as ever, those pesky socks. This time i ribbed the top of the foot (not that you can tell from this angle) and I think the fit is even better than the last pair. I do think I need a few more rows of plain stockinette in the back after the heel before ribbing the cuff. This photo angle is actually perfect for demonstrating that.

The more I knit up my stash the more I am glad I built that "buying yarn for new projects is a-ok" clause into my "knit from stash 2007" challenge personal rules. really and truly the majority of my stash is tiny little balls. The curse of a toymaker, I suppose.

Oh, and check out my talented kid.



She took this photo herself with a camera that's bigger than her head - my Nikon D70s. I'm signing her up for photography camp right this very second.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pamelamama said...

LOVE that socks picture!

oh, and my word verification is:

clapqkal

Clapotis Q Knitalong? Sounds like a spam return addy.

11:47 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

what a great picture... socks on happy feet :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Tania A said...

She is, as usual, totally adorable. And love that last picture ... get that kid a camera!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

What an adorable picture. I love the legs in the air!!!!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Such an adorable pic of the socks on those dimpled legs! I love her pic even more. Talented little one, isn't she?

3:02 AM  
Blogger Girlie-swirls said...

Great pic, is the pattern your own?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Excellent socks. Cute picture, I would be filling out all kinds of photography camp forms too.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Woman who knits said...

Fantastic picture! The Squid has talent!!

Love socks! You're getting the best pictures of your knitting!!!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Definitely the best sock pic ever! So brilliant! Absolutely cute! ;o)

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home