Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back To Work

A nearly-finished pixie carcass that's taken me over a week. It's progress, right?

I have all of these beautiful Mosaic Moon yarn odds and ends begging to become toys. And I have all of these toy patterns begging to be typed up.

So little by little I'm trying to chip away at it all.

Everything else is going well. The Squid's out of school until September 10 and we've been all going insane... I mean, having a wonderful time together. Trips to the Connecticut suburbs on a weekly basis with the Squid's wee friend - his heavily tattooed mom and me with my blue and purple hair (did I mention that my hair is now blue and purple?) are turning heads in the sleepy suburbs. We take the train in and out and I think the entire neighborhood heaves a sigh of relief when we leave them.

But the summer was made for the suburbs, I think. Backyards and sprinklers and swingsets and the beach.... The Squid is beside herself and I get to kick up my feet with the tiny Mole without someone saying "what are we going to do now, Mamma?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

Wait. I'm confused. Whose hair is blue and/or purple?

12:23 AM  
Blogger Stacy Garner said...

yay! i am excited for the pixies! what are your children's real names? they are really cute!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Summer holidays are so looong. My kids get bored after the first few days of saying they have nothing to do. At least you can still play under the sprinkler in the summertime, we have a drought so that isnt even possible. Your little toy is looking cute too, love the colors.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home