Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chenille, How I Loathe Thee

So I've had these 2 skeins of cotton chenille forEVer (actually i had 4 but I just gave 2 away). The Squid wanted a sweater. No, a blanket. No, a bunny. No, a blanket. No, a bunny.

Anyway, she finally insisted it needed to be a blanket. Not a biki mind you, a BLANKET. What's the difference you might ask? I did. A biki is a small blanket which one cuddles. A blanket is big enough to cover one whilst one sleeps. Hooray for me.



So I got to work on the blanket. Just in time for her to insist it be a bunny. So I didn't frog the blanket but started in on the next skein for the bunny. Just to see how long it lasts. Remember how I said I would never make the kid another toy? I'm making it anyway. Now I have two kids. If she hates it I'll give it to the other one. He'll drool on anything, he's not picky.



I did finish the pixie, by the way, kind of mostly. It's neither stuffed nor seamed but that's intentional. I need to make more pixies, of different varieties, so I can print up the pattern. And I need step by step photos of some of the stuffing and sculpting parts. So I'm saving all of the carcasses to seam up at the same time during one big photo shoot. I've started another one in the meantime.

3 Comments:

Blogger Woman who knits said...

Bunny or blanket, the yarn is gorgeous. I'm sure it'll be great no matter what she chooses!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

You saved me from buying chenille for a sweater for my daughter today. I picked it up the shelf, thought of this post, and put it back!


Thanks!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

good woman. chenille is of the devil.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home