Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Monday in the Park with Mole



The Mole got his first ride on a swing. I had to prop him up with all manner of things, but he loved it. The angle is actually perfect for his little mole-eyes to peer down at his sister. She pushed him on the swing and they were both in heaven. I was snipping "ok, now, gentle..." every 2.5 seconds but they were conspiring against me, and every time she pushed him until I thought his wee head would snap off, I would repeat "ok now, gentle..." and she would say "but he liiiiiiiiikes it!" And indeed, he would chortle and gaze lovingly at her. As his head lolled about.

I have not, I am saddened to report, yet mastered knitting in the park with two kids. I don't remember at what point I was able to knit with the Squid. I may have to cast on some socks (gasp) and give it a shot one of these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

Go easy on yourself. I took my two to the park yesterday and was able to knit maybe two rounds, tops. Once you no longer need to push on the swings, you go straight to spotting them on the monkey bars.

And I am still waiting for them to grow out of the "Watch, Mommy!" phase...

Thanks for the pic of the Mole. Not a newborn anymore!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Cactusneedles said...

Looks like he's having a grand time! :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

Mr Mole could not be cuter in his Smashing outfit, and he's obviously in love with his sister. Love it.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home