Friday, August 31, 2007

Spending the Afternoon with Old Friends

Squid went out to play with some friends and a babysitter yesterday. The Mole made the best of the opportunity to sleep without someone pulling on his toes or folding his ears inside themselves by taking a three hour nap. Whee! Did i knit? I did not. But I did photograph one shelf of the stash for input into Ravelry.

Let's peruse some highlights, shall we?



Ok, though lovely, it's not the most exciting yarn to look at. Peace Fleece Hemlock. It was going to be an Everyday Cardigan from the Peace Fleece pattern line. But then I remembered this blog post about the most beautiful bog jacket i've ever seen, and I decided to abandon the Everyday Cardigan for now and make the bog jacket from this yarn. So the photo is nothing to speak of, but the thought of making myself a beautiful tweedy green bpg jacket is exciting. And I've remembered how much I adore Peace Fleece and how I want to knit about a thousand things from Peace Fleece.



I also found this tweed - from my former LYS near my apartment in Milan. Yum. Merino with a touch of Rayon. Soft, fluffy, and tweedy good. I know exactly what I want to knit with this yarn, but it's not nursing friendly so I think it'll wait one more year.



Blackberry Ridge Grapes on the Vine. Delicious felted merino. Stretchy, soft, barely pills. Ever. I have 4 skeins of this. I think it should be a long cardi for the Squid. Or maybe a dress.



Last but not least, this Rowan Wool Cotton. I have fifteen skeins of this, in the most extraordinary color. I need to make myself something stunning out of this yarn. Not sure what.

I also found my stash of Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton. Slated for a Top Secret Project. And a couple of other handpainted merinos that have no project in their future. I'm enjoying photographing and cataloging all of my yarns. Since I've got little time for knitting with it, dreaming about it is keeping me pretty happy right about now.

Speaking of knitting, blue chenille bunny is nearly complete. I ordered some plastic eyes and even a plastic bunny nose to see if it makes the toy seem less offensively hand-made to the Squid. We shall see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Mmmm. Love that Peace Fleece. It's one of my favorite yarns too. Can't wait to see some bog jacket progress.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I've been totally remiss in entering my stash into Ravelry. Or perhaps in denial...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Tana said...

Ach! I have been photographing my stash and cataloging my knitting as well. I'm way down the list for Ravelry (we're talking months, not weeks, until I get my invitation). But it sure is fun playing with my stash. I've had some great ideas for yarn I've been sitting on for some time so now I will probably be knitting it up pretty soon. Such fun!

Tana
www.tanapageler.com/life

10:43 AM  
Blogger mooncalf said...

If I had 15 balls of Rowan Wool Cotton (and I WISH I did) I'd be making the blue cabled hoodie from Inspired Cable Knits. It wouldn't be a fast knit but it'd look gorgeous in that colour and in Wool Cotton you'd be able to wear it all year round.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home