Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pink Biki: Take Two

I started in on the pink stripey biki last night. I'm using a 6.5mm hook and it's killing my hands. I'm wondering if i should go up a size. Which means ripping out the 2 rows I already did. But then again, if it makes things less painful, perhaps it's worth it. I'm too new at crochet to have a relaxed hand yet, it's all so tense and tight. I guess I should bite the bullet and go buy a bigger hook, right? Sigh.

In other news I finished writing up the elephant pattern - it's available on the side there with the others. My brain is really fried lately and writing the thing was harder than knitting it, by far. So if you spy errors, let me know. I've had testers looking at it but they've been looking at my insanity as long as I have, now.

Next up is a pink bunny. Because I let The Squid choose which "aminal" got which color. And it seems to be all about pink around here. As much as I thought we'd never escape the all red, all the time of last year... I'm starting to miss it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger NikkiJ said...

You may not necessarily need a new hook. Make sure that you're holding your hook like a grown-up who is writing or eating and NOT like a toddler. This will relax your hand. As long as the stitches are gliding through the loop smoothly, the hook size is fine if it's achieving the gauge you want.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Gauge? what is this gauge of which you speak? I was using a 6.5mm hook but i originally knit it with 10mm needles, which was a bit big, but fine. I did buy a new hook - an 8mm one, and I'm frogging now. let's see how it goes.

2:56 PM  
Blogger NikkiJ said...

Have fun experimenting. The bigger your hook, the more "transparent" your stitches will be. Read this article, Woman!

http://crochetme.com/hangin-tough-highly-subjective-primer-crochet-drape-and-hook-size

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home