Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Arwen is kicking my A...

But it's my fault. I'm trying to be all clever but I'm not reading ahead. I decided that my backwards loop cast on looked like garbage so i did a cable cast on for the arms - then realized i couldn't graft the cuff together that way. sleeve be gone. Then I decided that I'd be clever and end the body cable in the middle of the repeat so that I was doing the same part on the cuff after the short rows and miscalculated.

Anyway. I've ripped back, STILL miscalculated the body vs. cuff cable thing and added 2 extra short rows in the arm to make the cables balanced.

I really shouldn't knit with a cold.

4 Comments:

Blogger picperfic said...

poor you...hope you're better soon!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Oh no - that sucks.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

feel better, knit more, and give that patter what for!! LOL
I seriously can't wait to see it done. I think it looks great so far!

12:59 AM  
Blogger jane said...

After reading your blog I started the Arwen and love it but wish I'd added the extra short rows to make the cables match. As it is I'm useing 3 counters, front cable, sleeve cable, # of rows until I bind off shoulder(I added an extra set of 8 for length in body). There is no socializing while I'm using all these counters! Can't wait to see yours done. Jane P.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home