Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Heavenly Bootees

Took a break from that evil blanket. Made the Mole some bootees, Zimmermann style. Yarn is Mosaic Moon Organic Bluefaced Leicester. I modified the pattern for the worsted gauge (4 st/in in garter) by casting on 43 and only doing 3 "ridges" before the decreases at the graft. They came out sized perfectly for the Mole, who is 6 months old.

The shaping is perfection, the construction unique and interesting to knit. These were super speedy. I particularly like the high ankle - babies' clothes ride up, especially when they have big cloth diapers like the Mole, and ride around in baby carriers. I made modified legwarmers (shin warmers) for the Squid, but I think these bootees might do the trick.

The photo is a bit blurred (taking photos of spazzy kicking baby feet is no small task) but you can get a pretty good look at the garter graft at the toe. I love these booties. Especially in crazy variegated yarns, I think they're wonderful.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

They're darling little baby feet!

4:36 PM  
Blogger tea time and roses said...

I was browsing and came upon your beautiful blog... The booties are absolutely adorable! The colors stop me in my tracks...just lovely.

Smiles...

Beverly

9:10 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

so cute!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Aw, those are great! (Which EZ book are they from? I don't recognize them, but I'd love to make some.)

11:59 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

WOW they are super CUTE!!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Those are so sweet! I love all of the colors, and the mitered edges. What Zimmermann book was this pattern in?

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home