Monday, October 01, 2007

It's October

And time to think about Halloween. The Squid says she's going to be a black cat wearing a rainbow dress. Luckily she already has the rainbow dress so all I need to make are the ears and tail. Phew. She's also thinking that the Mole should be a mouse. And while I was in the consignment store dropping off all of the newborn clothes when I found some ears.

Now I need to make the Tomten-with-legs I was planning. I have some black Rowan Big Wool so it would be speedy. But what if it's too warm for that? Maybe I should make a Baby Surprise out of some lovely charcoal merino I have lying around. He does have a pair of charcoal fleece pants... I could make booties to match the sweater - That's probably more practical. (Speaking of Elizabeth Zimmermann, the Mole is sporting a Baby Surplice made for him by our good friend Kim. It's so lovely and the fit is insanely great. I love the 3/4 length sleeves. It's perfect for keeping him warm but not getting tracked through grossness all day long. And I love a wool sweater for a baby. Many people don't. I have no idea why. Wool is perfect for soaking up baby gooey messes. And washes quickly and easily. I love it.)

Anyway, PapĂ , The Squid insists, must be a vampire. Me? What do I get to be? Cheese. So the Mousey-Mole can eat me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a cute mousie you have. Love the sweater too. I cannot wait to see how they both look too, and I am sure they will be extra cute.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Selah said...

OH MY!! He is just as cute as the day he was born. Love the cat with a rainbow dress idea lol!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home