Monday, October 15, 2007

A Productive Weekend!

Well, I didn't frog the starting of the black cardigan, I snipped the yarn and just started on a Tomten. Because my gauge is 2.5st/in I'm following the "baby" instructions, but cutting everything in half. So far, so good. I'm finished one front, and am halfway through the back. It's flying by, though I can't stand knitting with the big needles (I'm still using the 13s, thinking this will make a nice, dense fabric for a snowsuit). Then I put the Tomten aside as a not very portable project. Because this weekend, I needed a portable project.

I have enrolled in the New York School of Homeopathy, and in a mere four years I will receive my diploma and be ready to sit for the certification exams. Whew. This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time, and I was waiting for the right moment. I came to understand that there would be no right moment, so I just went for it. The bulk of the classroom hours take place in monthly weekend seminars of 8 hours per day. So I brought some knitting.

I should point out that I have ADD and the thought of sitting in a classroom is horrifying to me. Really, it should be called Attention Excess Disorder, as I have no deficit of attention, but a surplus. Knitting busies my hands and counting takes just enough of my mind that I am able to listen and remember the lecture. In the moments in which I put down my knitting I found myself cloudy and lost. So I kept on knitting.

I made some more EZ bootees for the Mole. I made these following the instructions for the newborn size at a slightly larger gauge, and they are a bit large. I'm sure they'll fit any day, though. I ran out of yarn on these and had to do the last three stitches of the graft and the ties in solid purple. It matches perfectly and is completely undetectable. The yarn is a domestic organic Merino from Mosaic Moon.

I made another pair, in Treliske Organic Merino in a Marle blend of natural colors. Also too big.

I also put in a good amount of work on Arwen. I'm ready to cast on the extra stitches for the first sleeve. I love this pattern. I love this yarn. If it doesn't fit I'll be most disappointed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Congrats on you starting your dream. I hope the studies go well for you. I love the baby boots too, so cute. The tomten sounds as though it is working out perfectly too. Arwen is looking beautiful too, I really love that pattern.

7:45 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

Good luck with school! Good for you!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Good luck with the homeopathy! I can't imagine the knitting you'll be doing with all that class time!

9:02 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Hurray for following your dream! With my little guy and my newborn at home your choice is certainly an inspiration.

What EZ book is the bootie pattern from? They are so cute.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

I don't think I have told you lately how proud I am of you ... of what you are accomplishing and embracing.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home