Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Progress Report


So the problem with the Cardigan for Arwen is that I can't just pick up a row here and there - I lose my place in the chart. So I only work on it when i know i can sit down and do all 8 rows of the cable. Which makes for slow going. I'm liking the fabric of the Wool Cotton very very much. And I find the cable beautiful. I'm not crazy about how the bottom of the cable looks. I'm following the pattern to the letter (except for gauge) and using the backwards loop method of casting on for the cable is making the bottom all wonky looking. I might have to go back and add some kind of icord edging or something, which makes the whole hem thing in the rest of the sweater rather pointless.

Anyway, pretty soon I'm going to need to stop working on this and knit two unicorn costumes. The Squid and her friend insist on being unicorns, and they insist that they are yarn unicorns. Ever eager to please, I said "sure!"

Hey, look what I see right outside my Manhattan window on this rainy finally-fall day. Lemons!

9 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

I am picturing a unicorn horn with variegated yarn wrapped all around it in a spiral...so cute.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Tana said...

Arwen was going to be my easy, snooze-while-I-do-stockinette project with just a little bit of interest to keep me going, namely, the cables on the edge. Perhaps I should think twice? Do you have one of those little chart keepers from KnitPicks where you move the magnet to follow what row you're on? If nothing else, it would help you keep your place and not be lost when you can only work a row or two at a time.

As for the e-wrap, I was thinking of doing a cable cast on instead. Jury's still out on that one. I mean, I don't don't even have my yarn yet...

Tana
www.tanapageler.com/life

12:43 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

I started my cardigan so long ago and thought I'd pick it back up recently - that is until I found out I'd casted on for the wrong size! The yarn you picked is so lovely!

4:34 PM  
Blogger SagePixie said...

my goodness woman! when do you sleep?

oh' that right, you own a coffee shop... hehehehehe

I'm sure they will be the cutest unicorns in town ;-)

Love and Laughter,
Amy

1:08 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

when life gives you lemons...

11:09 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Tana - i think it's an easy, snoozy project when you're watching TV or have a big chunk of time to snozzily knit. but i can't just stop in the middle of a row, pick it up, knit a few stitches, etc. Maybe you can, but I can't.

i use a pencil and just draw an arrow about where i left off in the chart. but still.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ilix said...

mmmmmmmm lemons, will you be making lemonaid or marmalade? ;)

2:57 AM  
Blogger roxy =^o^= said...

The lemons would be a great inspiration fora sunny, happy cardigan or felted bag :)

Love the blog!

Take care

Anne aka roxy/harajukuroxy on the knittyboards and Ravelry

1:25 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

lemons! That's great. I had a lemon tree in a pot when I was still living with my mom in the burbs. When I moved it had to stay with her. There just wasn't enough light. I miss my little lemon tree. Its nice to knwo that somewhere in this city there are lemon trees just like home.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home