Monday, October 22, 2007

Shades of Green

The Squid found the Surprise Jacket and put it on. She loves it. She loves the short sleeves. She loves the cotton yarn. And it actually kind of fits her. If I had more yarn I'd take out the bound off edge and add more to it, giving it a bit more length and width. Alas. So I think I'll just add buttons, let her wear it for a bit, and then when she's done with it I can add the extra length that the Mole needs to make it a long-sleeved sweater. I have enough yarn for about 10 more rows on each sleeve.

I have to say this color is perfect for the Squid. She has these mercurial color-shifting eyes and this olivey-sagey-green is the exact match of one of the colors they sometimes become (and they fixed color they were before they started changing this past spring).

Oh, and I have no idea what the Mr. Roboto pose is in the photo. you should see the others.


I also got back to work on Arwen a bit, taking some time off from the Tomten. It'll be January before it's cold enough for such a heavy jacket if this weather keeps up. And I wanted to work with more reasonable sized needles for a bit.

I got a big ahead of myself and made some "improvements" which resulted in tearing back to before the sleeve cast on a total of three times. I'm taking notes, though, and I hope my "improvements" do indeed turn out to be useful. Remind me to check the knitalong notes for future projects.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

OMG! So cute!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That is great! The color is just wonderful! And will we ever get cold enough to wear our woolens again?

7:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

I thought she was dancing - or from the Happy Hands Club!

Either way - she looks great in your BSurprise Jacket.

Arwen is looking good too.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The jacket looks wonderul on her!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

She looks so cute in that jacket. I love the color too, and the pose is so cute.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home