Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Surprise Continues


Plugging away at the Baby Surprise. Every report I've read is true - you just can't stop knitting this thing in anticipation to see how it'll end up becoming sweater-shaped. It's like rushing along to the conclusion of a gripping novel. I've finished the decreases; I've started the increases. I think I get it, but I'm not really sure.

The pattern is easy enough. The only problem I've been having is due entirely to my addled nursing-mother brain. I can't seem to keep track of the stitches, even with the stitch marker, and my decreases traveled some. I ripped back a few times, and just decided to not care other times. So if you closely inspect, my decreases do not follow a straight line. I choose not to closely inspect.

I do think it's going to be too big for the Mole right now. Oh well. It'll fit by spring. And I have to say I am in love with the feel of this yarn in garter stitch. The drape is amazing and there is just the right amount of squishy tossed in. I'm wondering how it will block.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

I'm making this right now too. I just noticed that my increases have traveled on one side. Gah! I think I've chosen to not care too. LOL.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

lookin good.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home