Friday, October 05, 2007

A Surprise Grows in Manhattan

It's growing. And it is, as EZ says, it is starting to look quite odd indeed.

I tentatively did its origami fold to see the size and it will most certainly swim on the mole. I'm seriously thinking that i could just add sleeve length and make it a cropped sweater for the Squid. I'll have to see what it looks like when it's finished.

In the meantime, I had a wonderful experience last night. Some friends opened a restaurant and I went to the opening party. He's a chef from Mexico. She's a chef from Tuscany. They created a menu that is an absolutely perfect blend. Like the quesadillas with prosciutto and basil. Or the pesto made from cilantro. The place is named after their daughter, Matilda (who also happens to be a perfect blend of Italian and Mexican) and is on 11th and Ave. C. You should seriously consider going to eat there as soon as possible. We're actually scrounging to find a last minute sitter so that we can go tonight and just gorge ourselves on wonderful food in peace.

I might even bring some knitting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

Oh my god, a date? How novel!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh to have a night out without the kids would be bliss. Lucky you, I hope you find a sitter. Love the green yarn too, it looks so soft and squishy.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I've been wanting to tackle the BSJ, and seeing your progress just increases that desire. Thanks for the update!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home