Thursday, October 11, 2007

Undone. Continuing.

You know how some people have those eyes - the ones that change color based on what they're wearing, or their mood, or the weather? I have those eyes. They're mostly olive green but can go from grass to grey depending on a lot of factors. I think this yarn is the same way. Today is a stormy day and the yarn is taking on a steelier, bluer hue. I like it a lot.

Remember my lemon tree? Well, I live on the ground floor, surrounded by community gardens. Nice. But it also means mouse central. One got in and got to a Dagoba mint chocolate bar I had sitting by my knitting. I like to have a nibble or two late at night. The thing is, the mouse also got at my projects pile and ate a hole out of my pixie's head. The thing ate my knitting! AND my chocolate. I am displeased.

But then I have this face grinning at me while I scurry around taking pictures and it makes it hard to be angry about anything. His little half-open mole eyes squinch up to almost nothing when he smiles, giving him the appearance of such beatific joy that it's hard to not smile back at him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

That gummy smile is just heatbreakingly cute.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

Your Arewen is looking smashing! I will have to read your other posts on it!
I am sorry to hear about the mice!
He is such a cutie, no wonder that smile makes you feel good!

2:53 AM  
Blogger loraine said...

"The thing ate my knitting! AND my chocolate. I am displeased"

I know how you feel. I live next to an orange grove in Florida- mouse/rat, squirrel- why don't they move out of the attic! when I tell them to do so, snake, raccoon, armadillo heaven- for them. My cat did leave me a lovely little dead squirrel this week on the porch. She's good at keeping things out of the house so what can I say.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi! What a winning smile!

I feel your pain - last week I stepped on a mouse! I assume that my dog had already dispatched its soul to mouse heaven, or I would be really depressed about now. I would love to chase them all back outside, but I am afraid that poisoning them would also poison the dog, and the whole mousetrap thing is just too mean and nasty. So I guess we are dooomed to share until they find a house they like better.

Knit on!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home