Friday, November 30, 2007

bye bye, Arwen

So. After seeing this beautiful cardigan by Tiennie I decided to abandon Arwen. I've hated nearly every minute of making it. I may try again some day, because I do love the cable and especially how it reverses, but I think I'll try to remake it in worsted, as the pattern calls for. I think playing with gauge and not understanding the construction is all too much for me. If I can get gauge I can just follow the pattern and not have to work so hard. My brain can't take the working so hard these days.

So I bought the "Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie" pattern from Webs, and while I still need to convert the pattern from worsted to DK, at least this one is a raglan and I can figure it out if i hit some glitches along the road.

So I'm going to tear out Arwen and get started on that this evening. Wish me Luck.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CHANNAH said...

ooh no, that leaves me all on my lonesome! I have to admit that this sweater is taking much longer than I thought it would -- there always seems to be another project that's more compelling (fingerless gloves, at the moment) and I probably wouldn't have started it if I'd realized how strange the construction is. But I'm slogging along, an inch or two a week...should have it done by spring :-) I'll let you know. Hope you get to go on to happier projects now.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Ilix said...

bye arwen, hello lovely olive branch. Can't wait to see how she goes!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home