Friday, November 30, 2007

bye bye, Arwen

So. After seeing this beautiful cardigan by Tiennie I decided to abandon Arwen. I've hated nearly every minute of making it. I may try again some day, because I do love the cable and especially how it reverses, but I think I'll try to remake it in worsted, as the pattern calls for. I think playing with gauge and not understanding the construction is all too much for me. If I can get gauge I can just follow the pattern and not have to work so hard. My brain can't take the working so hard these days.

So I bought the "Olive Branch Yoga Hoodie" pattern from Webs, and while I still need to convert the pattern from worsted to DK, at least this one is a raglan and I can figure it out if i hit some glitches along the road.

So I'm going to tear out Arwen and get started on that this evening. Wish me Luck.



Blogger Channah said...

ooh no, that leaves me all on my lonesome! I have to admit that this sweater is taking much longer than I thought it would -- there always seems to be another project that's more compelling (fingerless gloves, at the moment) and I probably wouldn't have started it if I'd realized how strange the construction is. But I'm slogging along, an inch or two a week...should have it done by spring :-) I'll let you know. Hope you get to go on to happier projects now.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Ilix said...

bye arwen, hello lovely olive branch. Can't wait to see how she goes!

5:28 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Thank you so much!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home