Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So Many Things, Halfway Finished

We have houseguests (don't get me started) and it's impossible to find the time to sneeze much less take posed photos of unfinished knitting projects.

So here's where I am. An all-verbal update. Finished Brigitta. Maybe. It came out as I expected with my adjusted gauge. Problem is, I am not the size I expected. I don't actually own a full-length mirror which makes it hard for one to have any concept of one's changing shape after having a baby. and I am not one of those people who bounces right back after having a baby. So I made this sweater based on what shape I think I am. And I'm not.

So I occasionally wear it around the house trying to decide if ripping it out and making it again, larger, will help or not. I don't really think so. I think it is what it is, I am what I am, and we shall just continue to hang out together, a little uncomfortably.

I'm also plowing away on that mohair thing. Progress is being made but I think I might not have enough yarn. And I suspect that's going to be too small, too. I need to get a mirror. and possibly measure myself.

Oh, and here's a photo of my hair perfectly matching the decor in a Chinese restaurant. Too bad I hadn't finished the mohair thing. It's the same color. Classy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tana said...

I don't have a full-length mirror either...but I do have a measuring tape...which is usually enough to make things fit my evolving post-baby body (yes, I know, it's been a year now). Just saying is all.

Hope you figure out something you like that works with the shape you are.

Tana
www.life.tanapageler.com

12:24 PM  
Blogger Prue said...

I have the opposite problem with my body post-baby - my body bounces back really quickly but goes too far (with breast-feeding) and then when I stop it bounces away into flab-land. Ho hum.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home