Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Go Ahead.




Tiennie says, on her blog, that the idea behind this is "Give the award to people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on." I was touched and shocked that such a talented woman thought to mention me. And hoo-boy did it lift my spirits.

We're back in the house of sick. I spent last week barely able to drag myself out of bed with yet another cold, and my husband has the same horrid cold this week. I started to get over mine on Monday, just in time for a trip to the doctor to discover that both kids have ear infections. The Squid's strep is back (and it brought the pukies with it). And my husband has the same horrid cold. And what's today, Wednesday? That "feeling better" I had for all of 48 hours is waning and I'm getting sick AGAIN.

But, sneaking away to read some knitting blogs is what makes MY day, and Tiennie's is right up there among my favorites.

And here are some more:

b r o o k l y n t w e e d 's designs and photography always fill me with such calm. His yarn and color choices inspire me and reading his blog is like a brief visit to a tropical island. In the shade. With a cocktail.

Pamelamama is one of my favorite people in the world. Her blog is part yarn, part kids, and all pamelamama. I adore her.

Crossroad Knits: knitblogging reconnected me with high school friend LizK. I love the glimpses of her life now, some unspecified number of years later. And meeting her good friends through the bolg has been wonderful, too.

Machin-truc: what does that even mean? I have no idea. This is my sister's blog. It's brand new; she started it while she takes a semester's sabbatical from her professordom in Kansas, of all places.

Through The Loops never ceases to inspire and delight me. I found her blog when I started to knit one of her designs: Tahoe, from knitty.com.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: I don't know her. I don't have a kitchen to speak of. I don't cook. But I read her blog every day and pretend that I do know her, do have a kitchen to speak of, and that I cook all of her delicious looking treats every single day.

Brainylady: brainy indeed. And charming. And talented.

Ok, back to my world of disease-ridden kidlets. Thanks to all of these bloggers and more who give me my little daily escape.

9 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Thanks, Marnie! I hope you (and your whole household) feel better soon, you poor thing.

4:02 PM  
Blogger laprof said...

Aw, I love you! Thanks for the award! You are the most award-winningest sister evar! I am so lucky to have you as a sister. I'm sorry everyone is sick. I hope you all feel better soon. Smooches from Kansas to cheer you up and for fast healing!

Baby, you're the beeeeeeeeeest (sung in Carly Simon imitation form).

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh I do hope your family gets over the nasty bugs soon. Ear infections are not nice and seem to visit our house quite a bit too. I read a few of the blogs that you mentioned and am going to take a look at the others that you mentioned. You deserve the award too, and Tiennie is another great blogger like yourself.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick again :( I hope everyone gets healthy super quick (and stays that way!) I'll even forgive you for not mentioning me ;)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

awww shucks, thanks Marnie!

7:09 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Strongly hoping that you feel better soon!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Thank you Marnie!
I hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon!

8:04 AM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

You so deserve the accolades! I love your blog. Thank you for your nice words. I hope you feel better soon.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Just came across your blog - just lovely. 'Machin-truc' means 'thingummy jig' or 'watchamacallit' in French. It's a great word.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home