Saturday, January 05, 2008

What do i make from this yarn?

Remember my Clapotis? I love the yarn. I adore the yarn. I still want to make myself something, probably a scarf. The Clapotis showed off the yarn beautifully but the pattern bored me to tears. I tried "Branching Out" and the pattern was more interesting but made the yarn look muddy. Or the yarn made the pattern look muddy. Or something.

So what can I make? looking for some of your favorite patten suggestions to show off an alpaca-silk blend fingering weight yarn, of which I have 333 yards. Beautiful colors, short repeats.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

It's too bad that you're bored by the clap pattern because your photos of that yarn as a clap look amazing...

10:40 PM  
Blogger picperfic said...

how about this gorgeous pattern http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/a49.shtm I have had this ready to make for a while now. Perhaps we could do a KAL?:^)

5:06 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

this might be a good idea:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-prismatic-scarf

8:27 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

How about a simple feather and fan? They'd also make super-soft handwarmers.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

what about my so-called scarf? i am totally intrigued by what that pattern does to variegated yarn

8:27 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

Dang, that is some yummy yarn!! I think the My so-called scarf idea would be great, but Classic Elite just sent out a hat pattern that is supposed to be in a lighter weight yarn.....
http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/WebLetter/22/Issue22.php
on on ravelry under Lavish Hat and handwarmers.
Free pattern too.....

9:50 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

I'd make a BSJ from Elizabeth Zimmerman for one very lucky baby girl! The blending of colours would look fab in this pattern.

1:07 PM  
Blogger laprof said...

Hey schnookums!

I love my slippers! I am wearing them right now! I'm glad you can put the Yarnmarket thing to use.

I am sorry Maya has been so sick. I'm gonna give you a ring soon.

Love, love, love!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home