Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happier Now.


Ripped out the hem of my grey sweater (for the 4th time) and added a couple of inches. still hated it, so i dropped a bunch of stitches and picked them up again with my trusty crochet hook, so the sweater is now ribbed from the bust to the bottom. it fits a whole bunch better. Still ginormous, but not tent-like.

Discovered the problem. I read the pattern and then cast on for it while I was not looking at it. I remembered the gauge as 16 stitches/4 inches but it's actually written to be 17. So my already-intended-to-be-roomy sweater became a whole bunch roomier.

Whatever. It's fine now. Cozy, comfy, and not an embarrassment.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm very impressed.... would love to see a modeled shot.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

ohh, what beautiful knitting...found your blog and ...its amazing...
Greetings from germany Barbara

4:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I love how you ended up working this sweater! I make gauge mistakes like that all the time, but I never take the time to solve the problem so beautifully. Congratulations!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

It looks divine.

2:34 AM  
Blogger soknitpicky said...

What a beautiful and clever fix! You are so tenacious!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home