Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Four Years.

So my fourth blogiversary passed on January 1. And I must say I've been a poor blogger indeed, haven't I?

Well, I'll see what I can do to rectify that. First let me offer a whirlwind update of my past, well, year.

I'm now in my 3rd (of 4) years in school, studying to be a homeopath. I've finished my training through DONA to be a birth doula, and am working towards my certification now. The kids are growing, my knitting has been waning. I did work for a while in a local yarn store (now defunct) designing house patterns, so it's not like I gave up on yarn completely.

And then this thing happened. I was in the movie theater, on Christmas day, watching The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. It was amazing. But. I found myself distracted by Valentina's fingeless mittens, and waiting for different shots of her hands so I could figure out how they were made. Seemed so simple, but not like every other pair of fingerless mittens I've made for myself. And then I realized "Hey, dummy, you're sitting in a movie theater WITHOUT YOUR KIDS on a HOLIDAY counting RIBS on GLOVES. I think it's time to start knitting again!"

And so I have.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

How how wonderful that you are back blogging again!

5:26 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

yay! so happy to see you again!!!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

Yay!!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had quit knitting for a while too. I guess I needed a break. Back at it at a moderate pace. Have a great day!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ilix said...

Glad to see you back! Can't wait to see what you are up to!

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home