Friday, January 11, 2008

Stitch n Bitch!

Well, apparently today's pattern in the Stitch n Bitch 2008 page-a-day calendar is my Urban Urchin. I don't actually have a copy of the calendar, it's apparently on its way to me. So I didn't know it was today. Whoops!

And apparently there's an error in the pattern. Several people have written to me asking me to explain the odd abbreviations in the pattern. They are not odd abbreviations - they are typos. Whoops!

Wherever you see "s2s" in the decrease rounds, the pattern *should* read "sl 2, k1, psso" meaning “slip 2 stitches knitwise at the same time, knit the next stitch, then pass the two slipped stitches over the knitted stitch and off the needles. ”

This is essentially the same double decrease as sl1 k2tog, psso, but the sl2 k1 psso version lies flatter and is more invisible.


Sorry for the trouble!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG, that's YOU! I got the SnB calendar for Christmas and was looking at the pattern but not closely enough to notice your blog URL in the upper right. Congratulations! You know, it's a Mistake Rib—no wonder it has typos! (just kidding) I think the point of confusion is something called "s2s". What is "s2s"? It reads:

CROWN SHAPING:
Rnd 41 (dec):
*K2, p1, s2s, p2; rep from * around–72 sts.

9:28 PM  
Blogger evknits said...

Thank you SOOOOOO much!!! I was so confused!! I could only think that I was somehow supposed to achieve a decrease by simply slipping 2 stitches..This makes MUCH more sense!!

~Erin

11:33 PM  
Blogger Wendy Withers said...

Thank you! I haven't started on this yet, but I plan on buying size 8 dp needles today to work on it! (I only use dp needles; I'm a snob.) I think I'm going to become a pretty heavy consumer of your site; I just fell in love with your elephant pattern.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Congrats!

3:30 PM  
Blogger tiennieknits said...

Very cool! You've got your own page for such a nice project!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Valérie said...

Hey cool, the calendar is right here on my desk at work!!!! how neat is that!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home